Guilderland hosts weeklong intro to pickleball
The Guilderland Rec Department is offering a weeklong introduction to pickleball taught by two retired physical education teachers. The clinic runs from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Tawasentha Park from June 5-9, 2023. The cost is $75. You can register here:
Non-residents can take the clinic too.
(Also: Guilderland Rec rents out pickleball paddles and balls for $5 per day)
Here’s the full description of the clinic:
Did you know Pickleball is the fastest growing sport in the United States? It is easy to learn and fun to play! Pickleball is a combination of badminton, ping pong, and tennis and it was created for all ages and skill levels. So let’s get started, come join us at Tawasentha Park for an introduction to learn basic skills, rules and strategies of Pickleball!!
- Learn the basic skills and rules of the sport.
- Sharpen your beginning skills and strategies.
- Meet others who enjoy being active and having fun!
- Bring your sneakers, comfortable clothes, hat, sunglasses and Plenty of water!
- We will have paddles available to borrow or bring your own paddle. We will have the balls too!
- Anne Reed-Best, retired Physical Education teacher in the Guilderland School District. Anne is a pickleball aficionado and promoter, spreading her love of the sport to all who will listen.
- Colleen Mickle is also a retired Physical Education teacher with the Guilderland School District. Colleen loves tennis, badminton, ping pong and now loves pickleball even more. Come play with us!