Bids are in for pickleball courts in Schenectady
The Mohawk Pickleball Club sent out an update to members about new pickleball courts coming to Schenectady.
The city received two bids for a parks improvement project that includes six dedicated pickleball courts at Hillhurst Park. The anticipated completion date is late June. The park is a few miles away from the Via Aquarium.
The courts will be 34 feet by 64 feet, which includes the recommended buffer space for competitive pickleball games. That is great news.
The courts will also have:
- An 8-foot high perimeter fence height.
- 4-foot interior fencing height between courts (these will have protective fence toppers)
- Each court will have its own gate.
- A bench seats outside each court.
- White stripes; NVZ and out of play area are to be green; in play area will be purple. (Colors could change)
Here are the bids that came in:
Peter Luizzi and Bros. Construction
$406,000 base (included PB courts)
$151,000 (dog park, add)
$121,000 (Fairview Park, add)
$59,000 (dog park amenities, add)
Carver Construction, inc
$324,145 base (includes PB courts)
$72,750 (dog park, add)
$112,250 (Fairview park, add)
$47,000 (dog park amenities, add)
According to the club update, the anticipated construction process timeline is:
Council approval April 24;
Construction start early-mid May;
Substantial completion (courts, but no fencing) mid June;
Fencing to be installed when bid is received.