New York has 74 official USA Pickleball ambassadors including two new representatives in the 518.
Richard Unger, of Schenectady, and Lorraine Scheckton, of Amsterdam, are the newest ambassadors, according to Michael Silver, a Ballston Spa player who served as an ambassador for years.
Silver stepped down from the post because he said he didn’t have the time to do the job like it needs.
Long Island has the most ambassadors in New York followed by Erie County and Onondaga County, according to Pickleball518’s number crunching.
Here is the list of pickleball ambassadors in the Greater Capital Region:
- Mary Hilliard, of Lake George, Warren County
- Richard Unger, of Schenectady, Schenectady County
- Lorraine Scheckton, of Amsterdam, Montgomery County
- Daniel Canning, Saranac, Clinton County
- Patty Husband, Peru, Clinton County
- Jayne McLaughlin, Red Hook, Dutchess County
Yes, a little chunk of Dutchess County is served by the 518 area code. 🙂
You can message the ambassadors through the USA Pickleball website.
New York’s pickleball ambassadors by county
|St Lawrence County||3|
|New York County||2|